Temporary Protective Liquid Masking Film for Luxury Cars:
Automotive strippable coatings
- Results in a reduction of labor costs.
- Once cured, it provides an extremely tough, uniform film.
- Curing time can be cut considerably with the use heat lamps (100F), circulation of air and other factors.
- Easily removed…peels off in sheets which eliminates messy hand scrapping Easily removed…peels off in sheets which eliminates messy hand scrapping
- Safe…non flammable
- Suitable for all substrates including polycarbonates, plastic and painted surfaces
It is critical that Our Peelable coating film is allowed to cure dry. Drying time will vary according to humidity, temperature and weather condition. The evaporation of water will be speeded by air movement and warmth supplied by natural and mechanical means.
Our Peelable coatings is a temporary protective Peelable coating and adhesion is low.
Our Peelable coatings once completely dry are resistant to water and solvent and acts as a mask against sprayed emulsion paints, lacquers, oil or grease and water.
The dry Our Peelable coatings strippable coating film can be easily removed either by hand stripping or other means. Our Peelable coatings are thermoplastic. Do not try to remove in freezing conditions. Our Peelable coatings becomes brittle in freezing condition.
Our Peelable coating is a water-based product and you can clean spray equipment and brushes with water. Do this immediately before peelable coating starts to dry.
One liter will cover approximately 4 square meters at a dry film thickness of 100 microns. You can also use following chart to calculate in mil thickness and gallon coverage.
Approximate Square Feet Coverage Per Gallon of General Chemical’s Peelable coatings:
|Water Based coating’s Wet films to Apply In Mils
|Square feet of Coverage per Gallon
|Dry Film Build Required In Mils
|Solvent based coating’s wet films to apply
|Square feet of Coverage/Gallon
General Chemical has a complete line of Peelable Masks to meet your challenging requirement. If we do not have something to meet your specific requirement, than we will develop it by working with you to meet that need for strippable coating.